BNHS TAMBAYAN
BNHS TAMBAYAN
BNHS TAMBAYAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
slacker
How did the custom of kissing start? I_vote_lcapHow did the custom of kissing start? I_voting_barHow did the custom of kissing start? I_vote_rcap 
faery_zelle
How did the custom of kissing start? I_vote_lcapHow did the custom of kissing start? I_voting_barHow did the custom of kissing start? I_vote_rcap 
pipoii
lheidee_lorein
luckyme124
francis
dowayt
S0ulReapper
justine
jessica
Latest topics
» Simple Globe Unlimited MMS
How did the custom of kissing start? EmptyWed 27 Oct - 3:15 by pido_capricorn

» Wal-Mart Posted in Mga SABLAY na JOKES with tags comedy, Funny, funny signs, kakatawa, kwela, palpak, pasaway, Philippines, Pinoy, pinoy signs, Sablay on March 22, 2010 by sablay
How did the custom of kissing start? EmptyWed 6 Oct - 3:42 by pipoii

» Let me just told you a story..
How did the custom of kissing start? EmptyWed 6 Oct - 3:41 by pipoii

» bagong maginoo
How did the custom of kissing start? EmptyMon 20 Sep - 23:55 by el_maldito

» Free Browsing sa Globe using your mobile phones
How did the custom of kissing start? EmptyMon 30 Aug - 6:18 by nerwin2010

» batch 2009-2010(feeling alumni na kami haha)
How did the custom of kissing start? EmptyWed 30 Jun - 4:13 by rhean14

» picnic ti kuppit
How did the custom of kissing start? EmptyWed 16 Jun - 6:04 by fevmartinez

» friends forever(Vitamin C)dedicated to all seniors
How did the custom of kissing start? EmptyWed 16 Jun - 6:00 by fevmartinez

» junior years
How did the custom of kissing start? EmptyWed 16 Jun - 5:55 by fevmartinez

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Poll

How did the custom of kissing start?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
slacker
nyakerz
nyakerz
slacker

How did the custom of kissing start? Empty
PostSubject: How did the custom of kissing start?   How did the custom of kissing start? EmptyWed 29 Jul - 3:46

Over time, the custom of kissing developed as a way for adults to express their love and affection for one another. The roots of this form of affection can be traced back to primitive times, when mothers fondled their children, much as mothers do today.

Much later, in the sixth century, society apparently accepted the custom of kissing between adults as an expression of their affection. Not surprisingly, France first accepted kissing in courtship, and in amore. There, figure dancing was the rage, and each dance was sealed with a kiss.

The custom of kissing swept from France through Europe to Russia, where Russian nobility loved to ape the French. Eventually, the kiss was incorporated into marriage ceremonies, and today lip-locks couples into sweet matrimony.

The custom of kissing today, as well as in ancient times, serves to show respect, and to pay homage to another. For example, early Romans kissed each other on the mouth or on the eyes to greet one another in a manner they deemed to be a dignified. One Roman emperor even ranked a person's importance by the body part he was allowed to kiss. He allowed important nobles to kiss his lips, less important ones to kiss his hands, and the least important ones to kiss his feet.

In Russia, the highest sign of recognition from the Crown meant a kiss from the Tsar himself. Today, natives of many African tribes pay homage to their Chief by kissing the ground over which he has walked.
Back to top Go down
https://bnhstambayan.forumotion.com
S0ulReapper
tambayan elite
tambayan elite
S0ulReapper

How did the custom of kissing start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How did the custom of kissing start?   How did the custom of kissing start? EmptyWed 29 Jul - 7:16

Nutrition Facts

Fast food restaurants use yellow, red, and orange because those are the colors that stimulate hunger.

The potato is a plant originally from Peru, and was brought to Europe by explorers.

Although white wine can be produced from both red and white grapes, red wine can only be created from red grapes.

Red or pink grapefruit is higher in vitamin C than white grapefruit.

People who take aspirin regularly should not drink alcohol.

Chocolate can be lethal to dogs.

People over the age of fifty start to lose their dislike for foods that taste bitter.

The average person can live about a month without eating any food, but can only live about a week without water.

97 percent of caffeine must be removed from coffee for it to be labeled "decaffeinated."

Passion fruits have a tranquilizing effect on the body.

One-third pound stalk of broccoli contains more vitamin C than 204 apples.

The name "Snickers" for the popular candy bar was named after a horse that the Mars family owned.

It takes about three hours for food to be broken down in the human stomach.

The eight most popular foods to cause food allergies are: milk, eggs, wheat, peanuts, soy, tree nuts, fish, and shellfish.

There is cyanide in apple pips.

The human liver performs over 500 functions.

Desserts most likely to cause tooth decay are dark chocolate and fudge.

In supermarkets less costly items are often on bottom shelves, whereas more expensive ones are placed at eye level.

The first fruit eaten on the moon was a peach.

Carrots were first grown as a medicine.

Food can only be tasted if it is mixed with saliva.

Chocolate contains the same chemical, phenylethylamine, that your brain produces when you fall in love.

Hippocrates noted the medicinal properties of lettuce in 430 B.C.

The most popular ethnic food in the United States is Italian.

Blueberries have more antioxidents than any other fruit or vegetables.

Eskimos use refrigerators to keep food from freezing.

Pregnant women shouldn't drink alcohol in any form as it can cause birth defects.

Studies have shown that slow background music can make a person eat food at a slower rate.
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BNHS TAMBAYAN :: CHAT AND DISCUSSION :: Facts and Trivia-
Jump to: