"A Chinese boy was left seriously ill after drinking gas to try and turn himself into a Transformer robot.
Xiao Fang of Xingwen in eastern China reportedly drank the gas in secret while he was eating food in the belief that it would give him powers of robotic superheroes, the Telegraph reports. It was unclear just how much gas the boy drank.
The 9-year-old suffered serious nerve damage from ingesting the petrol. His doctors said they were amazed that he was able to keep the toxic liquid down.
Xiao Fang’s parents said they became suspicious when their home began to smell like gas."